Monday 3 February 2014

14. Rihanna

the Dutch side bridge open

My friends Sabrina and Tom arrived from the BVI on their yacht Honey Ryder. I met them to watch the fireworks for the opening of the new causeway that goes across the lagoon. It was a fun night. Sabrina writes a great blog:
http://wildcatsailorgirl.blogspot.com

Steve Jobbs’ boat is also in the lagoon.

M/Y Venus

I’ve moved off the dock and onto a 5 Star Yachts mooring ball, while they have one free and I still work there. My engine is fixed. I took the injectors to Global Marine Engine Servicing, who were awesome, but told me they were fine. They suggested the problem was my fuel pump. I took it off, the gasket had worn away, so Andy gave me some material and I made a new one. Just happy it was a cheap fix.


Sonic Boom’s hull is cleaned and polished, there’s not much paint left. The teak is sanded and filled, just waiting to be sealed, bleached and varnished. There’s not much teak left either… Inside has new cushions and lights, and it’s a much comfier place for lounging in the evening. The new stereo sounds good. My soundtrack had been The Skatalites ‘Treasure Isle Time’, Little Roy ‘Battle for Seattle’ and Rihanna ‘Unapologetic’, but I fixed my FM aerial, so now I’m listening to the local radio stations. Reggae versions of Hotel California, and steel drum band covers of Lionel Richie songs on Tradewinds FM.

I’m still going to the beach at Simpson Bay everyday, for swims in the morning and after work. Jock, the pirate, took me to a cheap local bar run by Chinese that does good egg and chips. FA Cup football was on the TV. Not very Chinese, or Caribbean, but only 5 bucks with a beer.

Simpson Bay Royal Palm Beach Hotel

I’ll stay in St. Martin a while. I’d like to get more done to my boat and here is a good place to do that. Also I’ll keep working for 5 Star Yachting and try and save up a little cash and pay off some of my credit card. My friends Lisa and Mark are due to arrive on Tara at the end of the month, so I’ll wait so I can see them. Soon after I’ll head to Antigua I think. I met some people here and it seems there’s work there. I’ll probably go via St. Bart’s. Also I’d like to keep up with Honey Ryder. They’re headed all the way to Trinidad.

Antigua


1 comment:

  1. Such great reading Paul sounds like you're having a real adventure the beaches look so dreamy and the people sound fun. Hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete