Monday 19 January 2015

52. Abandon Ship


I am abandoning ship, but only temporarily. Sonic Boom will be left in Kima Kalki marina for the next couple of months, while I head to San Remo, Italy and some boat work with Captain Harry.

Kima Kalki Marina


Kima Kalki is a lovely marina, small, very private, tucked away in Spanish Waters amongst the mangroves, run by Ron, an old Dutch guy. Mateo from s/v Galaxie, who I met in Bonaire, is here, and another boat I recognize from Trinidad. Unusually I’m surrounded by Italian sailors, Mateo’s from San Remo.

Spanish Waters

Maybe not the best set up for an abandoned boat, but the only marina I could afford. I’m stern to the dock, European style. As I motored into the marina I dropped an anchor, swung round and reversed in, although it didn’t go quite as cool as that sounds. I put another anchor out and feel more secure.  Hopefully everything will still be there when I get back.




2 comments:

  1. Paul, I'm sure Sonic Boom will be fine while you're gone. Good luck with the work in San Remo. When you get back we'll be calling you Remo Man...

    ReplyDelete