Wednesday 10 June 2015

64. Hadicurari


Today we sailed from the marina to Hadicurari beach, on the west coast of Aruba. Just with my jib we averaged around 7 knots, so it only took an hour or so. My furlex is much better; while I was in the marina I took it apart, cleaned, de-rusted, re-greased it and replaced the old furling line. Although the sail still rolls up the wrong way, enough boat work; I’m going to be a beach bum for a while.

Hadicurari Beach

We’re anchored alongside two pirate ships, quite far from shore, but even here we’re in only about 8 feet of water. After anchoring, we launched the dinghy and went for a walk on the beach, had a swim and rum cocktails to celebrate a successful passage.

My new neighbors


Hadicurari and Palm Beach are absolutely beautiful. Lovely white sand and clear turquoise water. And very built up – huge Marriott, Ritz Carlton and Hyatt hotels. All have slightly different beach towels; I’m starting a collection. Seems like mainly American guests, some South American, it feels like I could be in Miami, watching Hot Bench and Are you Faster than a Redneck simultaneously on TVs in Starbucks.

Palm Beach in the distance




1 comment: