Tuesday 2 August 2016

127. Harbour House

My new tender – a Walker Bay 8


Harbour House Marina has the best chandlery on the island, and on Saturday they had a boat show, and 30% off sale. I went with Super Mario and Tamarion, and a long list of all kinds of exciting things, but ended up spending nearly everything I had on four deep cycle batteries.

With my old Zodiac

I also bought a little anchor and mini fender for my new Walker Bay. It’s working really well, although it took a while to get used to. It’s very rolly compared to the dinghy, I had to learn to only stand on the floor and never the sides instead of never standing on the floor and only the sides, and when I stop the engine, the boat doesn’t, it keeps going. And doesn’t really slow down much. I’ve sped by Sonic Boom a couple of times.

1 comment: