Thursday 6 October 2016

136. Mathew II


Hurricane Mathew finally turned north and looks like I’ve escaped one of the biggest hurricanes ever in the Caribbean. Poor Haiti looks likely to suffer most damage, the eye of the storm has just passed over their west coast. Next looks to be the Bahamas, and east coast America.

I’ve been talking to other boat owners; we were all very nervous. People at Red Sail moved all their boats to their safe haven and were on stand-by to take down their sails and masts. I feel like I’ve pushed my luck staying two seasons in the hurricane zone; looking forward to being out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're safe. What are the contingency plans if you do get hit by a typhoon? Do you anchor in a safe haven and hide until it passes and hope for the best?

    ReplyDelete