Sunday 2 November 2014

37. Cockpits and Testigos

I’m reconsidering Los Testigos, or even back to Grenada, as a first stop to Blanquilla. I will ask about pirates on the cruisers’ net, and see if anyone’s been there recently. Stopping at Testigos would be best, but getting stopped by pirates would be worst. Going to Grenada would mean I could buddy boat with Honey Rider, and keep well away from the Venezuelan coast.

Two sides of Chaguaramas:



There’s lots of  Cikungunya virus in the Caribbean, and it’s getting worse in Trinidad. Sabrina on Honey Rider and their neighbors both got it, and it sounds pretty bad – a week of painful joints, fever, rashes. I’m glad I’m out anchored in the bay, there’s less mosquitos here, but I’ve still got net over my hatch, a little clip on anti-mosquito fan in my cabin, citronella oil on the floor, and I spray my feet and ankles.

Sabrina finished my cockpit cushion – and transformed my life.  Four inch foam wrapped in Sunbrella. Comfy. My cockpit is over 7 feet long and quite deep; it’s a nice place to sleep. Much nicer now.

Thanks Sabrina



No comments:

Post a Comment