Tuesday 9 December 2014

43. Journey to the Bottom of the Sea

Trinity are having problems and will take a week or so extra to fix them. Their teak deck is falling apart; the rubber sealer that goes between the teak is rotten. So I’m helping them scrape that out and replace with new sealer. I don’t think anything could be worse than fixing my head, but this is pretty close.

At the same time I’ve been cleaning, sanding and sealing my own teak. I found some teak oil sealer in one of my lockers and thought better to use it. My cockpit floor is looking much better. Just Imagine gave me some material they had spare, so I started making cushion covers.


From scraping out old rubber to hand sewing material with little boats on, feels like going from one extreme to the other, but it’s important to have a really comfortable interior. Sometimes when I go inside other yachts, they’re so luxurious, I feel envious, but I’ve also found that with very little cost it’s possible to make big improvements. Now I’m on the look out for picture frames – I got some original illustrations from Jules Verne books.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment