Tuesday 30 December 2014

48. Kralendijk


There are some very strong winds forecast for the coming week, so I decided to stay in Bonaire a little longer.

Anchored in Bonaire - blending in

Really I’m still recovering from the passage from Trinidad. I managed to replace my bilge pump but I’m still trying to figure out how to fix my broken depth gauge cable. I’m looking into sail repairs here, but I’m still trying to figure out how to pay for those. I took my propane tank to the marina to be filled (which is expensive and takes ages here); I will fill up with water when I go to collect it. At least then I will be in better shape to head to Curacao.


Also the anchorage at Kralendijk is really beautiful; crystal clear water, snorkeling off the boat, a nice breeze, I’m even picking up free Wi-Fi from the shore. Lots of cool bars and cafes, with a strong Dutch/European feel. I miss my outboard, but I’m near to shore so rowing isn’t too bad. I hitch dinghy rides whenever I can. Fireworks seem to be going off on normal days, so I think New Year’s Eve will be fun here.

Fireworks in Bonaire





1 comment:

  1. Hopefully some sailor will decide they need a new sail and you can use the old one.

    ReplyDelete