Saturday 18 July 2015

73. Red Stripe Reggae Sumfest

Montego Bay town square

The annual reggae music festival in Montego Bay, Sumfest started on the 12th. The stage is just across from where I’m anchored, so I can hear all the bands.

Anchored off the Yacht Club



Jack from the Yacht club took me to happy hour on the HouseBoat – a floating bar in Bogue Lagoon. There’s a tiny little ferry, with a bell and a ferry man, that takes you from land to the boat – about 15 feet away. The boat listed to port slightly, because the smoking section was on the port side.

RMBYC pool

Today I went for a sail around Montego Bay in a 31ft trimaran called Skedaddle. A very fast boat – we did 15 knots in only slight wind. I sailed with Peter the owner, and some other people from the yacht club. We docked off Doctor’s Cave Beach for late lunch and a swim. My neighbor in a catamaran came, she’s going back to the states for a couple of weeks; I said I’d keep an eye on her boat.

S/Y Skedaddle


No comments:

Post a Comment