Tuesday 6 October 2015

94. Godzilla


After Joaquin, Sonic Boom is still tied up on the dock at the Yacht Club/Morgan’s. And I’ve had a steady stream of visitors; I made friends with the Honduran fishermen on M/V Pescadora, some locals on a party catamaran and Rodriguez – the Indian security guard (from Goa). I also made friends, kind of, with an iguana, who sneaked on board. He can stay if he catches mosquitos…


My work permit application will be submitted tomorrow; I need to get off the island, so I will fly to Jamaica tomorrow morning. I could only get a flight to Kingston; from there I will head to Negril and cheap hotels. I’m not sure how long it will take for the permit or how I’m going to pay for everything. It’s taking way longer and costing way more than I’d expected. Hopefully I’ll make it back to Grand Cayman, start work and get my first paycheck soon.





1 comment:

  1. Hey Paul, just checking in on you!! Good to see everything is ok, despite some set backs along the way! Wishing you well, from Fairwinds and her crew Dane & Amanda x

    ReplyDelete