Wednesday 7 October 2015

95. Flying Low


I left Grand Cayman on an early morning flight to Jamaica. Flight time was just over 45 minutes, which beats a three-day sail by just less than three days.

Leaving Grand Cayman

I arrived in Kingston at 8am. I was hoping to meet someone going to Negril, but no such luck. I got a bus from the airport to downtown Kingston, then another to New Kingston. There I had to wait five hours for the bus to Negril. After all the scare stories Kingston didn’t seemed so bad. I was expecting total chaos and some danger, but I managed everything fairly smoothly and didn’t get shot.

Kingston Airport

The Knutsford Express took five hours to get to Negril. I checked into Traveller’s Beach Resort for my first night, which I’d booked on Expedia for forty bucks. Tomorrow I will look for something cheaper, maybe under a tree on the beach. All I can do now is wait until I hear my permit is ready. I’m praying it doesn’t take too long and I don’t run out of money before I get back to Grand Cayman.

The bus to Negril stopped in Manchester



No comments:

Post a Comment