Sunday 8 November 2015

101. Paper work

Sonic Boom from Vida Libre

I went to customs and they’re happy now, and I have another extension for Sonic Boom (which costs $100 a month), to go with my work visa from immigration. I have a bank account at Cayman National Bank, a local phone number; it feels like I’ve moved to Grand Cayman.


On Sunday when I cycled to work there were people lining the streets cheering me on. I was smiling and waving back when lots of racing bikes flew past and I remembered there was a triathlon on that day. It was nice to be cheered on to work though, I thought until I turned off their route and everyone started shouting ‘you’re going the wrong way’, instead.

S/V Vida Libre

Now I have all my papers in order I will go for a sail round to Seven Mile Beach again, and spend a few nights on mooring balls with Dana. Next week is Pirate’s Week, which is a big deal here; I’ve heard it’s like a carnival.


No comments:

Post a Comment