Tuesday 17 November 2015

103. Pirates Week

Fireworks over Hog Sty Bay

I went with Dana to watch the fireworks and the start of Pirates Week; lots of people dressed as pirates and lots of rum drinking. The next day there was a pirate invasion and the Governor was kidnapped. Later there was a big pirate parade and lots of rum drinking. I missed most of it because I was at work, but I still managed to meet lots of pirates.



On Sunday a nasty storm passed right over Governor’s Creek – 35-40 knot winds, lots of lightening and torrential rain. I started dragging, but with two anchors down it was really difficult to do anything. I tried motoring into the wind first, then ditched one anchor and hauled up the other, but I got anchor rode wrapped around my propeller, so my engine cut out. I jumped in the dingy and managed to cut it free. Luckily (for me) I had been headed towards (and bumped very gently) Dana’s boat, so she jumped in her dingy and helped me to the dock. The next day I retrieved my spare anchor, and freed (and cleaned) my propeller. No damage done; another lucky escape.

Sonic Boom back on the Sea Wall







No comments:

Post a Comment