Wednesday 24 February 2016

113. Journey So Far

My Journey So Far

I’m now a long way away from the Windward Islands. Heading back there will mean going east – into the wind and waves, for 1200 miles. I re-registered my EPIRB with the US Coastguard.

I’ve met a few sailors recently recommending Cuba; I could sail North to Cayo Largo and then follow the coast to Santiago. From there it would be easy to sail down to Haiti and Ile a Vache. It would be a good way to go, but it would mean missing Jamaica.


Jamaica is my nearest hurricane hole, way too far away. There are plenty of mangroves nearby, but I need a better hurricane plan than hiding behind a bush if I’m going to spend another hurricane season in the zone. I’ve got a few months to come up with one.

Pirates in the Marina




No comments:

Post a Comment