Tuesday 12 April 2016

117. Atomic

Anchored in Governor's Creek

A visiting sales rep from Atomic gave a demonstration at work. Atomic make the most expensive scuba gear. 

Customs dropped a bomb – they want two thousand dollars, payable immediately. They’ve taken two months to reply. So maybe I should wait two months and ask them if I could pay by card?

A 1928 Royal National Lifeguard Institute lifeboat  arrived in the creek

Finally my teak is starting to look better. Everything now has at least two coats of varnish; five coats on the stern half. I’d like to get seven coats on everything. So far it’s still not as good as I had it in St Martin. I left it way too late. It could have been just a light sand and a few quick coats. Instead I needed to take everything back to bare wood and start all over again, except there isn’t enough teak left to be able to do that. Replacing it would be expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment