Friday 3 June 2016

121. Lime Tree Bay


On the west side I went snorkeling again with Ty and Mario, and was swimming along watching a parrotfish below, when I looked up and saw a huge Eagle Ray right in front of me.

I cleaned the hull (I found oysters stuck under the keel), and the propeller. Then Port Authority paid me a visit, and told me there were boats coming in wanting to use the buoy I was on. Also there’s a big storm headed towards Grand Cayman, so I moved back around the island sooner than I’d wanted.

Sonic boom’s keel

There were no waves, which was good, but lots of showers and squalls. It took four hours to get back to the Yacht Club where I tied up for an hour while a storm passed and the tide rose a bit more. Then I motored along the canals to Lime Tree Bay and very gratefully tied up to Living The Dream’s hurricane mooring in Mitchell’s Creek. Living the Dream are one of the best dive centers on the island.



No comments:

Post a Comment