Sunday 18 December 2016

142. Ambassador Divers


Siggy invited me to go diving with Ambassador’s, who are currently celebrating 25 years. A two-tank dive, me and four other divers on their huge boat; we picked up buoys just off Seven Mile beach. First was Holiday Inn drop off, then to Royal Palms ledge. Both amazing dives; we saw stingrays, lionfish, an enormous crab, lots of colorful coral and sponges. Chris led the dives and was very cool. I tried out a pair of split fins and they were better than I thought they would be.

7am on 7 Mile Beach, outside Royal Palms

The tiny gecko I have on board Sonic Boom seems to have forgiven me for flicking him into the water ten months ago. I surprised him the other day while he was sunbathing on deck – he pretended to be invisible, then very slowly moved away. He seems happy enough, but I’m still not sure he’s going to like an overnight passage beating to windward.

Safe and sound in Lime Tree Bay


1 comment: