Sunday 29 January 2017

148. Broken Balls


A strong northwester arrived and brought 30-knot winds. They’re not unusual this time of year. The wind shifted to the west – big breaking waves on Seven Mile Beach, and then south, and finally from the northwest; Sonic Boom was spinning around in Lime Tree Bay. For a while I was facing the opposite direction, bouncing up and down in, to be honest, small waves, but feeling very close to the concrete wall along the golf course. Much worse would be sailing along the north coast of Jamaica with massive waves pushing me onto it. It’s a risk avoided by waiting until March…

Fireworks from Camana Bay

Very worryingly I noticed Living the Dream’s hurricane buoy broken free and washed up against Crystal Harbour. Although I felt safe when I was tied to it, I’m not now entirely convinced I was…

Seven Mile beach had big breaking waves – I went for a swim and wiped out, twice. The waves also dumped tons of seaweed.



No comments:

Post a Comment