Sunday 1 June 2014

26. Robbed! Pirates board Sonic Boom

Absolutely devastated to see Trinity sail away. I really hate goodbyes. I knew it would be a bad one. I’m determined to get to Grenada before they leave there for Trinidad. If possible I would love to sail with them to Trinidad. They're awesome. They came aboard Sonic Boom and met my sister and her boyfriend. The meal was fairly useless, but no one noticed after the painkillers I made. It was a fun night, although I knew it was their last in St. Lucia, and I wouldn't see them again.

Robert and I had an amazing night out at the last Jump up, and got very drunk. We’d stayed past the witching hour even though we’d been warned not to. Suddenly it was 2.30am, and we we’re getting into all kinds of trouble. Three times I think Robert saved us, mainly me, from twerkers, more twerkers and some fishermen. I was laughing so hard I could barely speak, so wasn’t much help.

I sailed with my sister and Paul to Marigot Bay and met up with Honey Ryder, which cheered me up. My sister and Paul are staying at a really nice budget hotel called the Ginger Lily on Reduit beach.

For their first overnight on Sonic Boom I cooked a coconut curry, and we went and had drinks on Honey Ryder, then to the Rainforest Hideaway for live jazz. We had lots of fun, but when we got back to Sonic Boom we’d been robbed. Cameras, phones, all my boxer shorts, my milk, a pineapple, all stolen. We’re all sad today. I will go to the police station and make a report. For me losing my camera is the worst thing. It wasn’t such a great one, but it was given to me by Soni Park, and so meant the world to me. It took really nice photos, and it might mean the end for my blog until I can get a new one. 



I'll head south to St. Vincent first. I'll stop in Walilabou bay – where they filmed lots of Pirates of the Caribbean, then on to Union Island and Grenada.

3 comments:

  1. Don't stop blogging. You can still tell really good stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, don't let those pirates defeat you. The blog has to continue as it makes such a good, chronological, account of your time.
    Catch them Pirates and keel haul 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of camera was it paul?

    ReplyDelete