Sunday 25 May 2014

25. Jump Up


What a wonderful sight to see Trinity sailing into Rodney Bay! So exciting, they anchored alongside and we hugged and kissed. It’s been a while. BVI in December was the last time I saw Robert and Kerstin, although we’ve been in touch by email. We had drinks and dinner on Trinity, so fun to catch up and hang out. They’re here for a few days, deciding where to haul out for the hurricane season.

Trinity, Rodney Bay

Rodney Bay and Marigot Bay are my favorite places in St. Lucia so far. I like Rodney Bay – the jump ups on Fridays, the pool and showers in the marina, but it’s generally a long dinghy ride to get anywhere, and laundry is really expensive here.


I love Marigot Bay – the free showers and short dinghy rides to everywhere, but it’s a bit more expensive – the cafes and restaurants and mini mart.

Marigot Bay

There doesn’t seem to be much chance of work in St. Lucia. I’ve been looking for teaching positions, but looks like Grenada and Trinidad will be better for those. I might offer bottom cleaning on the cruiser’s net. Sonic Boom needs to be hauled out and hull painted sometime soon.

So I’m also looking into blog adverts, sourced locally or with Adsense, and thinking about maybe making some Sonic Boom merchandise. I’ve added a Paypal button, rather than sell anything, I would offer a prize for donations – a treasure chest, sent directly from somewhere in the Caribbean to an address, or buried on an island, of your choice. I will get some Sonic Boom t-shirts, and start making little models of Sonic Boom.





1 comment:

  1. Have a great two weeks with sally and paul. Me and Reggie miss you x

    ReplyDelete