Sunday 10 May 2015

56. Back Onboard Sonic Boom


I had a great flight to Curacao; watched The Grand Budapest Hotel three times, drank wine and slept. I wish I could have stayed in Amsterdam a bit longer, but happy now to be back in the Caribbean.
Schiphol

It’s hot, and very windy in Curacao. Sonic Boom is fine. A bit dusty, needs cleaning, but the batteries are fine, and everything is working. Once I'd got onboard I jumped straight off, swam over to the beach at Limestone Holiday and back, and then checked the hull, which was clean, no growth at all.

Sonic Boom in Kima Kalki marina

Exciting to be back onboard. First priority is to leave Kima Kalki marina, which is costing  $15 a day. Before I can do that I need to change engine oil and clean the propeller, so I can motor out. I also need to fill up with water and get my sails on board. Finding a new outboard may take a while so I’ll get lots of provisions before I go anchor in the lagoon.

Limestone Holiday beach next to the marina




No comments:

Post a Comment