Wednesday 13 May 2015

57. Beaches Rock


There’s going to be gale force winds for the next week, so I’m stuck in the marina for a while. Things are quickly slowing down to Caribbean pace. On Friday I took the free bus to the supermarket and bought lots of food. I also went to Budget Marine and bought boat supplies.


Yesterday I went to Mambo Beach, bright white sand next to translucent turquoise water. After I went to Willemstad, which seemed like Dutch architecture painted Caribbean colors. I love it. Being back in the Caribbean, is like the sun just came out from behind a cloud.

Willemstad, Curacao

Then I went back to the marina and pumped out all my engine oil (very black, went everywhere), refilled with clean oil and put on a new filter. I topped up my batteries, and cleaned the propeller. The engine started first time, and sounds good. No leaks anywhere, but it really needs cleaning, rust treating and painting – pretty much what I’ve been doing for the last three months. I also noticed the zinc anode on the prop shaft is missing. Living the dream.


1 comment:

  1. Paul, glad all is well with Sonic Boom - I just knew it would be. Better find another zinc, pronto!

    ReplyDelete