Saturday 12 December 2015

105. Lobster Pot

Whitehall Bay, George Town

It’s a nice being moored off George Town. Each day I dinghy to the dock outside the Lobster Pot, a nice waterfront restaurant and one of the best dive centers, and then cycle to work, which is much closer than when I was at the yacht club. It’s also more convenient here for laundry and supermarkets.


I’m tied to one of five free public mooring balls in Whitehall Bay, so it’s the same price as Governor’s Creek, but the water is crystal clear and I’m near lots of good snorkel spots. The only problem is that it can be rolly. Even without wind or waves, there can be big swells, low and spaced apart I imagine from some distant storm, that make my boat rock like crazy.

Whitehall Bay

Just as one set of paperwork has been done, I seem to get another. My three month work visa ends in January, so I got my application form for the next one which will be for a year. Pages of forms to fill, plus a medical requiring X-Ray and blood test for HIV. So yesterday I went to a doctor’s and an X-ray clinic (both were full of people needing medicals and X-rays for their work visa applications). My health insurance covered the medical and blood test, but I had to pay $35 for the X-ray.




No comments:

Post a Comment