Thursday 24 December 2015

107. Jah Bless

D7


One of the questions on my immigration form was, do you live in a house, apartment or hotel. Unfortunately it was a tick the box question; otherwise I would have just put ‘no’. Do I own or rent, was another tricky one. I spoke to Sheldon and Karl at the Yacht Club and to get the necessary signatures on the various forms, I signed a lease and motored round into slip D7. I haven’t been in a marina since Aruba, six months ago. It’s always nice to be surrounded by friends, and amenities, but it’s also a $400 monthly bill I can’t really afford.

Making the most of being on a dock, I scrubbed the decks, and washed down the cockpit. I should be able to finish the varnishing and fit my new engine parts soon. It’s a luxury being so near land, connected to water. I filled up with fuel and water and Ben dropped off two tanks and his gear ready for Christmas Day.


For Christmas Day the plan is to sail around to West Bay, meet up with Dana and go diving. Should be fun. Merry Christmas !

No comments:

Post a Comment