Monday 15 May 2017

168. Barahona


After a good meal and a night’s sleep, I felt much better. I went to town and hit the supermarket. Then I put fifteen gallons of fresh water in my tank (free), swapped my empty five gallon jug of drinking water for a full one (cost less than a dollar), and bought ten gallons of diesel (about $15). Things are cheap here.

Barahona

There are fresh fruit smoothie shops everywhere, and the most amazing grilled cheese sandwiches. The people are lovely, and parts of town are quite pretty – the houses are painted bright colours, there are parks and beautiful ocean views.

After two days I felt fully stocked again and ready to move on, so I set off to Salinas, thirty miles east. After a beautiful sail in calm seas I arrived at a nice anchorage with a hotel, marina, beach and clear water. I will stay here for a couple of days, before heading to Boca Chica.

Salinas



No comments:

Post a Comment