Thursday 13 July 2017

182. Martinique

St Pierre, Mont Pele in the background

After a fast trouble free sail from Dominica, I arrived in St. Pierre, a very pretty town in a very big bay in the north of Martinique. I anchored near a blue boat I keep seeing. Later I met the owners. Two Dutch guys came over to me in a cafĂ© and asked if I was Sonic Boom. They’re sailing from Bonaire on a beautiful blue Beneteau 46 – Buffish, that I first saw in St. Martin. They’re headed south like me.

Anse d'Arlet

After two nights I sailed on to Anse d’Arlet in the south, a very pretty village with a beautiful white sand beach. I went ashore, bought a baguette and went for a swim. I saw a huge turtle swim past Sonic Boom. I left the next morning; I wanted to be in Rodney Bay before Friday, when it looks like a bit of storm will pass.


My ‘pet’ gecko is still alive and well. I hadn’t seen or heard him for weeks, but he popped up in Dominica, came into the cockpit looking bigger and a darker colour, after about 18 months onboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment