Tuesday 25 July 2017

184. Grenadines

Keartons Bay, St. Vincent

I left Marigot Bay and motor sailed down the coast of St. Lucia. Even after I got past the island, the wind was very light and I ended up motoring for a few more hours. Eventually the wind picked up and I sailed. Then it died again and I motored into Wallilabou Bay. Most of the moorings have disappeared, and the two that are left both had boats on them, so I went round to the corner to Keartons Bay and picked up a ball there.

The Tamarind Hotel, Charlestown Bay

I left very early and headed to Admiralty Bay, Bequia. It wasn’t very far and only took a few hours, but the weather was squally with lots of rain. Not much fun. I set off again the next morning and made it to Canouan, and Charlestown Bay; a stunning white sandy beach in a turquoise bay – just what I needed.

My dinghy tied up to the hotel dock

My next stop is Cariacou.

Anchored in Charlestown Bay




No comments:

Post a Comment