Thursday 1 May 2014

22. Dr. Doolittle


I sailed with my sister to Marigot Bay, a beautiful marina set in a natural mangrove lagoon. Lots of waterfront restaurants and bars, and a nice hotel with a pool. We had fun in Doolittle’s (named after the movie, which they filmed there). We also took a bus to Diamond waterfall and hot springs. On my sister’s last night we went to The Rainforest Hideaway for drinks and live jazz: Emerson and the Empress, a beautiful Caribbean girl sang Amy Winehouse’s Back to Black.


Anchored in Marigot Bay, St. Lucia [Solarmotor – sorry it took so long, hopefully still a ways to go before I catch up to Francois]

The next day I was sad to say good-bye to my sister. I decided to stay another night in Marigot Bay, and then Tara sailed in so I stayed another two nights and had fun with them. I’ll sail with them to Anse Chastenet, and then go back to Pigeon Island for the jazz festival. Lots of friends should all be arriving soon. I will go and pick Steven up from Martinique and give him a ride back to St. Lucia. My little sister and boyfriend arrive at the end of May for two weeks.

Anyone else interested in coming to stay on Sonic Boom please let me know. Typical service (very reasonable) includes airport pickup and banana pancakes. Looks like I will be in St. Lucia for the next few weeks. Then I will head quickly to Grenada, and hopefully bump into Trinity on the way.

Inside sonic boom

My gold sink (actually it’s brass), and bed in the background



No comments:

Post a Comment