Friday 9 May 2014

23. Six Months at Sea


I sailed down the island from Marigot Bay with Tara, Mark’s son Austin aboard as crew and spent a night in Anse Chastenet. Now we’re both back in Rodney Bay. They’ll head off to Grenada very soon.

Anse Chastenet, St. Lucia

I went to the Gros Islet jump up with Ocean Rainbow, a boat I met in Marigot Bay. Jump ups are wild street parties – loud music and dancing, mainly twerking. In Gros Islet barbecues and bars lined one street, which had a stage with live music at the end. There was a parade with dancers, moko jumbies – stilt walkers, which are supposed to be ghosts, and fire breathers. Weird monsters wearing masks, a man dressed as pregnant woman, and two rag doll people, danced on small platforms. It was like a scene from Live and Let Die.

Sonic Boom in Rodney Bay, St. Lucia



I’ve been living on Sonic Boom for sixth months now, and visited twelve islands since I set off from Tortola. I celebrated with Amaris and Honey Ryder who both sailed into Rodney bay yesterday. We all met on Amaris for drinks that night. Sabrina awarded me with a torch, for being the leading light and getting to St. Lucia first, even though I set off after everyone else. So kind.

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia

St. Lucia jazz festival has started but the main stage off Pigeon Island starts on Friday. I’m going to anchor near the stage. After I will go and pick up Steven from Martinique.








No comments:

Post a Comment