Monday 6 March 2017

153. Leaving Grand Cayman

Storm troopers on Seven Mile Beach
Photo: Cayman Compass

I’ve decided to leave Grand Cayman at the end of March. Very excited, I can’t wait to get sailing again, although I plan to head east, which means into wind, waves and current, so some difficult passages ahead. I’ve a little more work to do to get Sonic Boom ready; mainly fixing my anchor chain and fitting a new chart plotter, which arrives on the 22nd, and then just one last sail round to George Town for immigration and customs paperwork and I’ll be ready to go.

Photo: thanks Vincent (hope you’re having fun in Nicaragua)

It’s been an extended stay in the Caymans. I love it here – the diving is great, Seven Mile Beach is gorgeous, I’ve met some really cool people and had a lot of fun. I would recommend it to cruisers, especially those that scuba dive. There are good marinas, chandleries and boatyards, just not many other cruisers. Most things are expensive, although I’ve found free places to moor/anchor and managed to live on a budget. I'll be sad to leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment