Friday 31 March 2017

158. Sea Shepherds


On Thursday I filled up water, gasoline and diesel, and sailed to George Town. It was a beautiful day, my new Garmin GPS was amazing; a massive upgrade from my last one. 

Seven Mile Beach

When I got to North West Point, the wind dropped and the waves got very messy, so I tried to motor through it. Just like last time, I got engine warning lights and alarms. I shut off the engine and just drifted while I fixed the problem: my fan belt had snapped. Also the winch I didn’t service, seized up. I need to service it. When I finally got to George Town all the buoys were taken.

Sea Shepherds were in town; now on their way to Panama on an anti shark-finning mission. I met some of the crew; very cool. It’s very tempting to follow them and go through the Panama Canal.


I plan to leave after breakfast on Saturday, hopefully arriving in Little Cayman for breakfast on Sunday. On Friday the wind shifts slightly to the south, exactly what I was hoping for. I’m also hoping it shifts back to the east for the sail to Jamaica.



No comments:

Post a Comment