Friday 7 April 2017

159. Pirates Point

Bloody Bay, Little Cayman 
Pirates Point dive boat on the left, M/V Cayman Aggressor anchored in the background

I had a great sail to Little Cayman. It took 24 hours, and was fairly drama free, although a shackle on my mainsheet traveler snapped, which was scary. South Hole Sound looked a bit rough, so I tied up in Bloody Bay instead. Right outside a big white house, owned by the owner of Pizza Hut.

Looking up at a turtle on the surface

Next day I went for a two-tank boat dive with Pirates Point Divers. Their boat came round to Bloody Bay and I jumped on board. Captain Michelle was awesome. After the dives I went back to Pirates Point Resort for lunch, and a swim in their pool.

Nassau Grouper – hiding


First we dove Jackson’s Bight and then Mixing Bowl. Absolutely spectacular. My favorite part was seeing a cleaning station; a huge grouper with its mouth fully opened, letting little fish go inside and clean its teeth. Also we saw turtles, stingrays, and lobsters...



Tomorrow I will sail to Jamaica. Almost twice as far as the sail to Little Cayman, I hope I can speed up a bit, and get there in about 30 hours...







No comments:

Post a Comment