Friday 28 August 2015

81. Reef Madness



I left Little Cayman and motor sailed backed to Cayman Brac, and Scott’s Anchorage. I went snorkeling over the sunken wreck M/V Kissimee, which lies upside down just off the pier. I saw some stingrays and a turtle, dove down and swam right through a huge shoal of little bright blue fish.

Cayman Brac

Little Cayman and Cayman Brac were both amazing. It was a really nice change to spend time on desolate islands and empty beaches again, and also cool to spend time in the underwater world. Snorkeling and diving were fun; I’m looking forward to doing some more on Grand Cayman. Stingray City sounds amazing.


I checked out of Cayman Brac and am ready to sail to Grand Cayman. I might spend another night in Little Cayman on the way, depending on the wind, which is very light at the moment. It’s about 90 miles, so another overnight sail. I will leave just before sunset, and hopefully arrive in the morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment