Monday 19 June 2017

177. St. Kitts


The sail to Statia was six knots all the way; so nice to be going fast in the right direction, and no tacking. I was a bit sad to sail past Saba; I had planned to spend some time there, the scuba diving is supposed to be amazing – lots of sea horses. I will go back one day.

Sailing past Saba

After sailing around a couple of oil tankers (they’re so huge, they’re like little islands), I dropped anchor next to a catamaran in Oranje Baai. I put up my yellow quarantine flag and didn’t go ashore.

Statia

The next morning I set off early for St. Kitts and was 7 knots all the way. I overtook the catamaran, that had set off half an hour before me. The bay at Basseterre was really rolly so I went in to Zante marina, which is lovely. I will clean up, do laundry and wait for my sister to arrive. I might fit my new alternator, but really I feel like taking a break from boat work.

After St. Kitts I’ll island hop quickly; Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique, to St. Lucia, where I will pick up my new mainsail. I’m aiming to reach Grenada by the middle of July, and then I can check the hurricane reports a bit more relaxed.


No comments:

Post a Comment