Friday 4 September 2015

85. Cemetery Beach

Lightening Storm over George Town

A squall passed over Governor’s Creek in the night and all hell broke loose; very strong winds, heavy rain and lots of lightening – a little bit of Erica. I started dragging to the dock, so I quickly got lines and fenders tied, then jumped ashore at the last minute with the lines and another fender and fought to get the boat tied secure. Bit of an adventure and I only moved about 20 yards. Another boat came loose and ended up in the mangroves, and the police boat was nearly washed up on the dock.

Cruise ships in George Town

I motored out of Governor’s Creek, out of North Sound and round the island to West Bay and Seven Mile Beach. I went snorkeling over another wreck – the M/V Kittiwake – a submarine rescue ship in 60 feet of water, but the funnel is only about 15 feet from the surface. It’s bigger, and in better condition than the M/V Keith Tibbetts, even more impressive. I saw some rays and lots of parrot fish.

Cemetery Beach, West Bay



No comments:

Post a Comment