Thursday 24 September 2015

91. Work Permits


There is a lot of paperwork for my work permit, including a request for UK police clearance. I managed to find that online, apply (and pay) and have one sent to me here via my Mum and sister, but not in time for my current visa that runs out on Monday. So I will have to renew that first. Luckily I had proof of a home address (two), and an up to date medical with me.

Seven Mile beach gets busy with 3 cruise ships in George Town

I managed to fill my gas bottle – it’s very confusing here asking for the gas station. I didn’t mean gasoline, but propane. To add to the confusion it turns out gas (petrol) stations do actually fill gas bottles with propane, but not my kind. I needed the Home Gas depot. Once I found it they filled it right there in front of me. Easy. No, now carrying a full bottle of gas, no bus drivers would let me back on their bus, so had to disguise it.

Eventually I managed. I carried the bottle (now a beer keg), from the bus stop to the marina, jumped in my dinghy and dropped it off. I picked up my laundry, jumped back in the dinghy and headed back to the marina. Back to the bus stop, I went to the West Bay launderette so I could have a swim while I waited for the washing. I also went to a roadside café and got mashed potato, mac and cheese, and coleslaw for three bucks.

West Bay Beach



No comments:

Post a Comment