Monday 14 September 2015

88. Jobs


I went to Harbour House marina chandlery with Sheldon, the harbourmaster here at the yacht club. It was quite pricey so I didn’t buy much, but it was good to see what they had. [Their cheapest outboard – a Honda 2.3HP was $1500, twice what I paid for my Suzuki] Afterwards I had a good interview at Diver’s Supply (the manager was from Leeds).

Westin Pool

On Sunday I went to the Westin – my favorite hotel so far, and chilled in the pool, the showers and the air-conditioned lobby. I have a long list of boat maintenance jobs, as well as day-to-day things to do, like grocery shopping, laundry, filling up with water, etc. I try to cross at least one thing off each day. Except on Sundays; then I take a break to laze around and enjoy the Caribbean.


If I can get a job, I could be here for the next six months. As for a more long-term plan, I’ve been thinking about Cuba and Mexico. I’ve also been thinking of heading back east. It would be a great feeling to sail back into the BVI and complete my circle of the Caribbean. To do that would mean back to Jamaica, then east to Ille a Vache and Dominican Republic; places I’d like to explore. Then past Puerto Rico and the USVI to Tortola.

Cool boat outside the Ritz Carlton



No comments:

Post a Comment