Wednesday 30 September 2015

92. Hanging by a Thread


According to Parcel force my police clearance has arrived on the island and should be delivered soon. I submitted all my other paperwork and I bought a prepaid phone, so I have a contact number. As well as paying 50 bucks to renew my visitor’s visa, I had to pay customs another 100 for an extension for Sonic Boom. Now it looks like I will have to leave the island while the permit is being processed.

My first idea was to sail away, but the other Cayman Islands are no good, and Cuba wouldn’t work either. I would have to sail back to Jamaica, which would be a two-day sail, three if I went via Cayman Brac. I would probably stay two nights in Montego Bay and head straight back again. The other option is to fly. So far Havana seems the cheapest destination (about 350 bucks).


No comments:

Post a Comment